Chicken Chili with Kale and Roasted Poblano Peppers
Source: off the top of my head
1 rotersirre chicken breast, shredded
1 can black beans
1 can of small red kidney beans
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 large clove of garlic, minced
1/2 of a large onion, chopped
1 large roasted poblano pepper, skin removed and chopped
a bunch of kale, cut into ribbons (or could use any dark leafy green)
2 chipotle in adobo, chopped fine with 1 TBS of adobo liquid
2 TBS chili powder
1 TBS olive oil
2 TBS fresh cilantro chopped
salt and pepper to taste
(I used a crock-pot but this can be made over the stove as well)
1. In a medium skillet add olive oil, onions, kale, and garlic and saute until tender.
2. Meanwhile, pour beans, tomatoes, chili powder, poblano peppers, and chipotle in adobo into the crock-pot set on high.
3. Then add the kale and onion mixture into the crock-pot along with a can of water.
4. Cook on high for a 3 hours and then add the shredded chicken breast and cilantro.
5. Cook for another hour and serve!
It was delicious!
And a good way to sneak in those dark leafy greens which are soooooo good for you!
Did you know that kale contains fiber which can bind to bile acids and help lower cholesterol. Also, kale contains glucosinolates which are a powerful detoxifying agent in addition to the over 45 flavonoids found in kale that are powerful antioxidants and anti-inflammatory agents.